Expected Learning Outcomes
- At the end of the training programme, participants should be able to:
- Define and articulate the concept of mentoring
- Describe and differentiate between mentoring and coaching, and the situation to use either of them.
- Cite the reasons why a mentoring program is important to a participating organization in ELP, and to a mentee.
- Demonstrate competencies in the use of mentoring techniques and be an effective mentor, and
- Implement an effective mentoring program for a successful ELP within the organization, including:
- the preparation of a mentoring and structured OJT plan together with the line manager/trainer for the trainee(s) and
- a mentor’s report on the progress of the Trainee(s) on an agreed interval or reporting period.